Monday, February 25, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything!

There's a lot going on in our house this week. We are trying to get rid of the flying ant colony that infested our bathroom...sick. Scott is wrapping up the month at work, and having to work a few more hours than normal (he is such a hard worker). The dogs are running amuck outside enjoying the unusually warm weather. Scott and I are gearing up for Michael Buble next Sunday...YEA! We have a lifegroup social this week, and women's bible study. I will probably be working a little more over the next couple weeks/months preparing for tax season. Blane is really congested, won't stay on his back to sleep at night, and is starting to get a flat head from rolling over in the same direction over, and over, and over again. His pediatrician actually said that he might have to wear a helmet if he doesn't start rolling over the other direction. Just great. I've been walking a lot lately and I can't wait until the pool opens. Blane and I will be there everyday! Yesterday, I went to a baby shower for a friend. Her little newborn boy weighed the same as Blane did when he was born. When I held him, it made me realize how much Blane had grown. Tomorrow, I will start feeding him a hormone to stunt his growth and keep him little forever : )
I also began a new book by Noel Piper (John Piper's wife for those of you who are familiar) called Treasuring God in Our Traditions. I highly recommend this book! I really want Blane to grow up in a household rich with tradition, especially in regards to Easter and Christmas. So, the book inspired me to create an Easter Resurrection tree, pictured below. I know that it doesn't look like much of a tree, but I wanted it to be dead, just as Jesus died for us! You see the many pictures hanging from the branches...these are different symbols that remind our family of the Crucifixtion and Resurrection. Beginning Palm Sunday through Easter day, we will read a part of the Easter story out of Matthew. When Blane is a little older, as we read the story and the symbolic picture is mentioned, he will hang it from the branches...so each day leading up to Easter will have more and more pictures on it. I hope that it's something that we will enjoy doing together as a family!
Blane has never, ever been interested in pacifiers. But recently, he has found his thumb. It's so cute to see him sucking his thumb! I tried to capture a picture of it, but it's not a great one. Good thing that I work for an orthodontist!
Even though he isn't quite big enough for the Jump N Go yet, he does like to sit inside of it every once in a while.




1 comment:

Justin said...

I had forgotten about the resurrection tree idea! We just might have to make one of our own:)
We will pray that Blane doesn't have to get the helmet... but even if he does... NO BLACKMAIL PICTURES ALLOWED!