Friday, May 29, 2009

Gavin Daniel 5.26.09

Hey everyone! Gavin has finally arrived and we are back at home getting some much needed rest! He was born on Tuesday morning, 5/26 at 8:20 am. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long! He is so adorable and has a full head of jet black hair! As many of you know, I put off our induction date until 5/28 because I really wanted to go into labor naturally. God's timing is always perfect and I'm so glad that we decided not to induce early. Scott, Blane and I spend a wonderful Memorial day weekend together. We were able to really enjoy the holiday being just the three of us. Then, Tuesday morning at 3 am I began having contractions 5 minutes apart. By the time we got to the hospital at almost 5, I was dilated to a 6. As some of you know, I had been playing around with the idea of having a natural childbirth. I was never super serious about it and always knew in the back of my mind that the epidural was available! Well by about 5:30 am I decided that I definitely wanted the epidural! So they did my blood work and unfortunately my platelet count was too low and the anesthesiologist said it was too risky for me! WHAT?! Ok, so there's always the Demerol, right?! So I decided that I would take that Demerol now! Well, the nurse said that it was too late for that too, I was at a 9 and it would make the baby too sleepy. Tylenol anyone? I never thought that I could do it, but I did! But what made the experience bearable was my wonderful husband who always knows the right thing to do and say to make me feel better. I praise God for him everyday! We are so excited about our new little boy and the joys that he will bring!
One last pregnancy picture at 40 weeks, 3 days







8 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY! Congrats and welcome to Gavin!

Joy said...

Jen, he is sooo sweet! We can't wait to meet him. Sounds like you were one brave lady with no epidural! WOW! Way to go!

Michelle said...

And not to seem like a blog stalker... ( I was running out the door earlier)....but you look beautiful of course even in the hospital!

As a first-timer I wonder what you pack clothing-wise for the stay?

hope trifecta said...

Jenn, you looked gorgeous even at the last day of pregnancy!! Scott is a wonderful and lucky man to have a strong woman like you. And, Gavin is precious---got a few tears in my eyes while I was reading!!!

MontyG3..4! said...

Congratulations!!! He looks adorable! And WAY congratulations on the no-meds! That is amazing!! I pray that your recovery is quick and easy and that Gavin sleeps well for you!

Erin Teshara said...

Jen and Scott!

Little Gavin is adorable, loads and loads of congratulations! I definitely enjoy a peak into your happy little family! Enjoy both of your cute boys!

Jenn said...

He's so sweet and perfect! Congratulations and way to go on the natural labor...I am way impressed and inspired:) I can't wait to talk to you all about it and about your new sweet boy. What a beautiful family of four!

Mandy and Paul said...

Hello! I just wanted to say congratulations. My sister, brother and I went to high school with Scott and heard it "through the grapevine" about little Gavin. He is so precious and so is Blane!
Please say "hi" to Scott from Mandy, Kelly and Nick! I will be keeping up with your blog. It's very good!