Wednesday, August 6, 2008

9 Months Old Yesterday!

How do you get up on this thing?
Check out my new shoes!

They are "SHAQ" shoes!


Hey pups! I'm in here!

Haha, I don't drink my bottles, I just play with them!


Any new toys in here mom?

I absolutely can't believe that our little man is already 9 months old. I have come to the realization that he really isn't a baby anymore but a real, little boy. He does such grown up, boy things! Of course he is still crawling...and oh man is he ever fast! He can pull up in a nano second and cruise around the furniture until he's exactly where he wants to be. He loves to push buttons, especially the ones on daddy's electronics or his car. He even likes clothing buttons too...he is very perceptive of details! We have been working on "holding hands" and he now knows exactly what that means. He will follow me into the middle of the room and I will put both hands out and say "Hold hands!" He will get up onto his knees, put both hands in mind and pull himself up into a standing position and "walk" towards me. So sweet! Blane loves to eat big boy food and he pretty much refuses to drink out of a bottle or be fed with a spoon. So, he eats pancakes/blueberries/cut up cheese for breakfast, chicken sausage/ravioli/bell pepper sticks for lunch, cheese/organic nutri grain bar for snack, and boiled chicken/fruit pieces/cut up boiled veggie for dinner...as an example. And of course he loves animal crackers and any type of cereal! He is a really, really good eater which I am so thankful for! And I am also thankful that he is still a good sleeper. It was rough there for a week or two when he first learned to stand (because that's all that he wanted to do in his crib) but now we are back to our normal schedule of sleeping 11 1/2 or 12 hours a night with two naps of two hours each during the day. This gives me plenty of time to hang out with Scott at night and in the morning, and to get a lot of work done during the day. His two front upper teeth have just come in...poor baby, I can tell that it is SO uncomfortable! Blane especially loves to be around other babies and he has so much fun on our playdates! He has too many girlfriends to count, just a small glimpse of what is to come I guess. Tomorrow Blane and I leave for the lake and I am SO excited! So next week we will have TONS of new pictures!!! Just so you know, I do typically put real clothes on my child, but we prefer our pajamas when we're just around the house! Oh yes, and for some reason I wrote down our 9 month appointment wrong, so now we have to wait until the end of September!!!! Oooopps!

No comments: