Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gavin: 2 Months

My sweet little baby Gavin turned 2 months old this week! In some ways it seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital, and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago! It has been a whirlwind in our house the past two months, but it has been SO much fun! I love to be busy, and my two boys definitely keep me on my toes! I am so blessed to have two of the sweetest boys in the world!

2 Month Checkup: Gavin's two month checkup was great! He is now 12 lbs 2 3/4 oz (50-75%), 23" tall (75-90%), and his HC is 15 5/8" (25-50%). He is a whole pound bigger than Blane was at this age! He still has a little clogged tear duct but nothing that we need an antibiotic for yet. And his head is still flattening out (we had the same problem with Blane) so we are trying hard to get him to sleep on his side. Unfortunately I've gotten in the bad habit of putting him in his swing at night and during the day for nap time..oops! He also got 5 shots at this appointment, so sad!!!
Sleep: Gavin has been sleeping so well! He typically has his last feeding at 9, is in bed by 9:30, and sleeps at least 5 hours. We have actually had a couple of 7 hour nights in the past week! Yea! Today he sleep until 5, ate, then went back to sleep until almost 8! His naps are pretty consistent as well. He is still napping about 4 times a day and can only stay awake for 2 hours in between. I am definitely blessed with great sleepers!
Physical Development: Gavin loves his tummy time! He can hold his head so high and loves to look around at his new world! We have tried out the bumbo and the exercauser this month - we have a ways to go before he can really use them, but he likes to have something different to do. He is cooing and making such sweet sounds, and he's smiling more and more everyday! His little personality is coming to life and it is so much fun!
Food: We are still breastfeeding and it's going really well! I'm really thankful that it has worked out this time around because it is so much easier! Even though he is 9 weeks old, I would say that we are just now comfortable with it and getting into the nursing groove. It's amazing that something designed to be natural can take so long to get the hang of! But it's really nice to know that for at about 8 feedings of 20 minutes I can be alone with my sweet second baby each day!
Etc: We introduced Gavin to his "lovie" this month! He loves his lovie! We gave Blane his lovie bear around the same time and he still sleeps with him and is comforted by him. Lovie's are the best! Gavin has also found his thumb several times this month! It may sound weird that I WANT him to suck his thumb, but it just seems better than for him to be hooked on the paci. We'll see if he becomes a thumb sucker/soother like his big bro!
We are so blessed and overjoyed with two wonderful boys! I couldn't have dreamed of a better life than the one I have!






Just for clarification, this is my brother in this picture with Gavin and I. For some reason, people always think he is my husband!










No comments: