Blane turned 23 months this week! Scott and I have decided that we don't need any form of entertainment but Blane - he's so funny! Here are some fun happenings from this past month:
- Blane cannot let us leave without kissing him goodbye. Not any kiss, but a big ol' kiss on the mouth : )
- The other night Scott was playing Tiger Woods golf on his playstation 2 and Blane said "Golf away?"
- Blane informed me this month that heaven is upstairs
- We were in William Sonoma the other day looking at wooden spoons since I need new ones, and Blane exclaimed, "Spanking spoons!!!"
- Blane loves to talk to and play with our dogs. He calls them Wanger and BoomBug (Ranger and JuneBug)
- Everytime he gets an owie it HAS to be kissed. "Mommy, kiss it?!"
- We pulled into Walmart the other day (Scott driving) and were cut off by another car. Scott muttered "white trash" under his breath. Blane caught on and now says "Walmart, white trash!"
- Blane sees me nursing Baby and will often ask me if I will feed Linny some milk too. He will pull up his shirt so that I understand exactly what he wants. Haha
- One morning as Scott was leaving for work and putting on his suit jacket Blane cried, "Daddy, coat off! Coat off!" and proceeded to pull the coat off Scott's arms.
- From the previous blog video you saw that Blane learned that both Daddy and Grandaddy work for " X - mobil" and he also learned that Poppop works for Jesus, and that Uncle Conley works in Florida
- Blane can count to 13! I'm not sure where he learned it because I've never counted with him over 10
- At night, as much as an hour after laying him in bed we will hear him singing the ABC song in the monitor
- Blane told me a few days ago that he head butted the chair. What?!
- Blane still loves the trash man. I guess Scott told him once that his poops go to the trash because daily he will say to me "The trash man picks up I pooped" word for word. everyday.
- I've always prompted Blane to say thank you, and sometimes he would say it without prompting. Well this last week not only will he say thank you each and every time without me reminding him, but he adds names as well. I hear a lot of "thank you, mommy"...so sweet
- He is still obsessed with cooking and cooking shows. But only if it's Giada de Laurentis
- Last night he told me "Baby cute....and mommy cute" What?! My reaction to him telling me I was cute was so big that the entire rest of the night he told me "mommy cute, mommy cute". I've never felt cuter!!!
- Now when I say, "Blane?" he will respond! Usually it's with a "Yea?"
- Blane loves to sing, sing, sing. He usually makes up songs that involve everyone in the family including everyone's cats and dogs.
- Blane has tons of friends and he asks about them daily. Most often he's asking about Payton, Tiffany, Addie, Jett, Adam, or Turner.
- A couple days ago Blane came to me asking me to please help him open something. I quickly saw that it was my eyeshadow! Hmmm. I followed him into our bedroom where I noticed that our white sheets were painted with eyeliner and lipstick. Blane said, "mommy I paint!" SO cute!!!
- It finally happened, Blane escaped the crib last night! And he was so proud of himself, as he should be! He ran into Scott and said, "Hi daddy!!" beaming with excitement!
- Blane can do a silly face, a scared face, and a thinking face
Blane has been sleeping a lot less! Only about 10-11 hours at night and maybe a two hour daytime nap if we're lucky. I think he's just too excited about making new discoveries! He still loves to read and his favorites are Puff the Magic Dragon and the Beranstein Bears. He always asks me to sit with him and pretend with him and there's nothing in the world I'd rather do! I love you Blane!
1 comment:
I love all the things your boy is doing - it makes me wish I blogged when Tanner and Nora were younger. You'll have a blast reading all of this in 5 years :-)
Post a Comment