Blane is approaching 27 months old, or 2 years and three months! He's such a little man now and loves to help mommy and daddy. He's the best helper to have around - ever! He loves to assist with cleaning the house, cooking dinner, changing baby, washing the dishes, and doing laundry. He's extremely independent, which I would expect at this age! He is always telling me, "No mommy, I do it". He can even get himself in and out of his carseat now, which is a great help to me! While he loves for Scott, Gavin, and I to take part in everything that he is doing, he is also really good at playing independently. He is especially attached to his kitchen and will spend hours "cooking" by himself. He is also very fond of being outside, especially on the occasional warm afternoon. The two dogs help to keep him entertained outside while I'm cooking dinner. Although I will sometimes hear a loud, "NO BARKING PUPS!!!!" Blane loves to paint, play with playdough, and is still very fond of his musical instruments. I may have mentioned this in a previous post, but his new obsession is trucks. Now since I'm female, I haven't been so clued into all the different types of trucks -until recently. And never before have I really noticed how many giant excavators, skid steers, and car transporters are out there on the streets. Don't worry, Blane has brought this girl up to speed. Blane still loves books and we read several together everyday. Unfortunately, Wonder Pets is still a staple tv show around here. I was hoping to move onto some new background noise, but at least it's a great family friendly show! Blane continues to amaze us with his language development. He loves to tell stories and it's fun to listen to the sequence of events. For example, the other day he told me that he found a cheerio under the couch, that he picked it up with his hand, put it in his mouth, and then it went to his tummy. He is really great at storytelling on the phone and it's fun to hear him recount events of the day, even if the event didn't occur that same day. His new favorite game is hide and seek. Enough said, we play this often and it's SO fun! Blane is showing SOME interest in potty training and he will poop on the adult potty a handful of times a week. Nothing consistent though, and I'm not pushing it. Blane is still talking about the ambulance - since daddy rode in one a month ago or so. Every time Gavin coughs or sneezes Blane says, "Baby sick, ride in ambulance" ha! Some other funny Blane quotes:
- "Mommy, see baby Jesus?"
- "No, I stay here"
- "I don't like it!"
- "I show you mommy, watch"
- Holding the spanking spoon he says, "Mommy, come here right now!"
- "Mommy, there's a hole in your tummy" pointing to my belly button
- "I love you mommy, I love you too"
- "Scott!!!" or "Jen!"
- If Blane asks for something and I say no, he will say, "I go ask Daddy" Mischievous little guy!
What a precious gift, my sweet little boy. So vivacious and sweet spirited.


No comments:
Post a Comment