
Gavin will NOT touch a fruit or a vegetable, unless it's a grape. So, I've had to get super creative in order to ensure that he's receiving decent nutrition. One thing he does LOVE is smoothies!!! So, here is the smoothie recipe that's been a nutritional lifesaver for me! I make this everymorning, and he drinks the entire thing by the end of the day. Hopefully, he won't catch on : )
Smoothie Recipe
1 1/2 Cups milk (or enough to thin out the other ingredients)
1 container flavored yogurt (I buy fat free, a berry flavor)
1 med to lg size banana
1/2 Cup berries (I always use frozen blueberries)
1 T wheat germ
1 handful of either spinach, romaine lettuce, or several carrots
Put vegetable and milk in blender. Blend until vegetable is well chopped. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
**Just had to throw in a pic of G at the splashpark, isn't he getting big?!
No comments:
Post a Comment