
The very best thing that happened this month - I heard the words, "Wuv Woo"!
This little guy is becoming quite the talker. He will imitate almost anything he hears, but Mommy, Dada, Ba (Blane), Pup, Ouuu (outside), poop, swing, lawnmower, cracker, juice and many many more are vocabulary staples. He enjoys waving ni ni (nighty night) and giving high fives. Gavin also loves putting his finger to his mouth and saying, "sssshhhhhh!" He loves to sign "all done" which looks more like a baby bird learning how to flap its wings furiously. He is 100% full blown walking now, but he still loves to hold my hand and I love the sweet way that he reaches out to me. Gavin is quite the climber and no chair, couch, or bed is out of reach for him. I love his little boy open mouth wet kisses and the way he runs over to me for a big bear hug! So far, discipline has been a non-issue - mostly because he follows Blane around and stays out of trouble. But I see that all changing once Blane starts preschool : ) These boys ADORE each other and if they aren't together, then they are asking for the other. Gavin is convinced that he is a big boy like Blane, and he can't understand why he physically can't to the same things. He is advanced at playground climbing because he follows his big brother everywhere. Gavin thinks he can open doors and turn on lights like Blane, and he can't seem to figure out that he's not quite tall enough. He loves to copy all that Blane does - at the table Blane pretends that his fork is a phone. He will "dial" and say "beep beep beep, hello?!" Gavin does the exact same thing with his utensils, except his hello is more like "hewooooo!" Gavin has recently discovered the art of diaper removal and I have found him several times sans diaper. Gavin is eating a little better these days but his favorites are still peanut butter and honey sandwich, smoothie, and chicken nuggets. He's not so fond of snacking and would always prefer a hearty meal to a goldfish. The boy eats at 7 am, 11 am, and 5:30pm and any deviation from that is unacceptable to him. Gavin now has a total of 6 teeth and still has a very high pain tolerance! He weighed 22lbs at his 15 month well check!
My sweet little Gavin is a joy and delight. I love him more each day and I am so thankful for the love and energy that he brings to our family!




No comments:
Post a Comment