Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tree of Thanks!

We are excited to begin a new Thanksgiving tradition this year! Our Tree of Thanks is hanging on the pantry door in the kitchen and will soon be filled with scrapbook cutout leaves. Each night during the month of November we will write on our leaves something that we are thankful for. By Nov. 24th we will have a full tree of leaves declaring all of our many wonderful blessings! I can't take credit for this fun and crafty idea, I'm stealing it from her fun blog of great ideas! I'm hoping to turn our leaves into fun place mats to enjoy the rest of the year!

This idea is really simple! I cutout my tree from craft paper that can be bought at any craft store. I lamented the branches with contact paper so that they can be re-used year after year. And, I happened upon a really cool leaf cutout while I was at JoAnne's and used a 50% coupon! I figure I'll be cutting out TONS of leaves over the next several years!

Is it sad that I didn't include Gavin? I figured that he can't really articulate what he's thankful for yet...maybe I should add him in : )

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing the site. I enjoyed looking through some of her ideas. Hope you're doing good!