Friday, November 26, 2010

Gavin: 18 Months

This little guy cracks me up, and keeps me on my toes! He is growing up way too fast, and sometimes I still can't believe the things he does that seem so "big boy" - I guess that's what happens when there's an older sibling around to copy! My little boy is so cuddly, especially at night when he still let's me rock and sing to him. He loves anything soft and is still carting lovies all around with him. His nickname is still Serious Baby because most of the time he's very stoic - it's easy to spot him desperately trying to hold back smiles! Aunt Lara says he would make a good principal because his looks make you feel like you've just done something wrong! But, he IS a really happy baby! He loves his Mommy and Daddy and adores his big brother. It's fun to see them play together, although we have entered the stage of sibling rivalry. We've had to discipline Gavin more this month and time outs are a more common occurrence : ) Gavin has lots more teeth now, including two molars and I'm sure that teething pain has contributed to some of his tantrums! Gavin is funny about getting dirty - anything out of place or dirty on his hands (or anywhere on him really) he says "Uh-oh!!!" and asks me to clean it off for him. He has tons of new vocabulary, too much to keep track of. One of his favorite things to do is help out with cooking, cleaning, and taking things to the trash. I just love this little guy! He's such a ham, full of energy and life and curiosity. I am so thankful for the big ways that Gavin this family joy!











No comments: