Everyday I wake up in a battlefield. There is a war waging for my heart - who will win my affections this day? I can choose to pledge my allegiance to the King of Kings, the Lion of Judah who promises to carry all of my burdens, or I commit my heart to an enemy whose only desire is to steal, kill, and destroy. I am embarrassed to confess how few days I choose to claim the joy that is to be found in Jesus. Too many days I hone in on what is transient, and I forget what is eternal. Daily meltdowns come too often from a self-reliant, self-righteous, prideful Mommy than from three children. I am broken, and it is ugly. I am just as much in need of a Savior as anybody else. Surprisingly, I am thankful for the battleground I tread through each day. It reminds me to be thankful for grace, to cling to the One who sustains me, to be constant in prayer, to be drenched in scripture, to view my portion and my cup as allotted and beautiful, to be satisfied in heavenly treasure, to be servant hearted and service oriented, and to trust in my Creator. I claim Jesus and His promise to make all things new - even a heart of stone like mine. I am confident that he who began a good work in me will carry it on until the day of redemption, of which I am sealed for. So this battleground, being refined by fire, being sanctified is a GOOD thing - and I am in the perfect laboratory to draw out sin, to fight it, and to be reconciled.
No comments:
Post a Comment