Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ashley Update

My littlest girl, my sweet baby. Being her mommy for the past 11 months has brought such a great joy. The Lord has been so sensitive to my heart this past year as I soaked up every little thing about Ashley, knowing that she is my last baby. As I grieved leaving the hospital with a newborn for the very last time, He tenderly reminded me of the delight of bringing a new baby home. I mourned when she discovered the freedom of crawling because I no longer had a cuddly infant, but God graciously allowed me to glimpse the wonder and the fun in sibling play. Today, I wept over the end of breastfeeding, the sweet and unique relationship we've had for so long. And yet again the Lord has been so near to my heart today as I rejoiced in watching her Daddy, so excited to give her a bedtime bottle for the first time. And reflecting on the changes taking place- the Lord has reminded me that Jesus is enough for both Ashley and I. He will carry me into a new season of life just as He will carry her, sustain her, and nourish her with living water and the bread of life. It was never intended that I should be her sole source of nourishment, but a mommy nursing her baby is a mere reflection, a shadow of the goodness, the perfection, the completeness that is only found in Jesus. He is the Bread of Life, He is her Redeemer, her Good Shepherd and in Him she will be fully restored. So my job is changing, no longer will I provide her mommy milk, but instead I will diligently point her to the One will provide all the nourishment she will ever need.



No comments: