Monday, March 24, 2008

He is risen!

What a fun Easter weekend we had! Grammie and Grandaddy came to town to spend the holiday with us and we all had so much fun! On Friday while the guys golfed, mom and I continued our craftiness and made more diaper wreaths! Blane helped of course! Then we spent the evening dining in downtown Ft. Worth at the Reatta where Scott ventured out eating a buffalo steak. On Saturday we headed into Dallas to visit with Gran and Pappaw. Blane received his Easter gift, an adorable teddy bear that laughs...it's his new favorite! We had our Easter dinner Saturday night...honey baked ham, green bean casserole and stuffing! On Sunday morning we attended our wonderful church and experienced a great service. We were reminded of the goodness of Jesus on Easter and everyday! Here are some pictures to commemorate our weekend!
We did take a couple of family pictures, since for once all three of us were dressed up!

Sweet baby! The quilt that he is laying on was an Easter gift from Grammie. It is especially special because it is made with our family members' jeans! Mine, Conley's, mom's and dad's!


Saturday in Keller was beautiful and warm. We spent some time outside and Blane still loves his swing!


So last night I got the urge to make my own baby food after reading a new book I purchased called "Superfoods for Baby". I made peas for him last night. Just look at the difference in color between the ones that I made and the ones I had recently bought. Mine of course are natural with no added thickeners to extend the shelf life. Blane ate them last night, fresh out of the blender and I couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough!



1 comment:

Jenn said...

I've been thinking about making my own baby food for Kaitlin too. We're not starting food for another couple weeks, but I'm curiuos. Did you find fresh, not frozen, peas? And did you just put them in a food processor? I thought I might freeze some in ice cube trays so I have it ready to go when I need it. Email me any good tips you've found. Oh, and I did start that book you recommended and it's fabulous! Thanks.