I say this every month, but I can't believe how fast Blane is growing up. Yesterday he was a little baby who couldn't lift his head, and today he is such a big boy! We are now down to two, two hour naps from three naps a day. I actually like this schedule much better! He's still sleeping through the night like a champ, usually 12 hours but sometimes 11 1/2. He absolutely LOVES his big boy food, I'm pretty sure that he thinks he's too good/old for the bottle. He'll take his milk from a sippy cup pretty well, but not really from the bottle.
His schedule is something like this:
8:00am bottle
9:00 am breakfast
10:00-12:pm nap
12:30 lunch
1:30 maybe 3 oz of bottle
3:00-5:00pm nap
5:30pm dinner
7:00 snack
8:00 pm bottle before bed
He has started to sign "please" when we are eating, and he waves "hello"! So cute! The funniest thing is how much he loves his reflection in the mirror. He smiles, waves hello and then tries to kiss the cute friend. So funny! I kept thinking that I didn't want him to grow up because I was loving each stage so much. But the truth is that it just keeps getting better and better everyday.
I have really begun to appreciate over the past 7 months how wonderful it is to have mommy friends. So, to Taber, Tiff, Angela, Katie, Ashlee, Jen, Amanda, Kris, and everyone else from church, playgroup, work, lifegroup etc. who have really encouraged me, given me much needed advice, and loved on Blane and I, thank you so much! We love you and are so thankful for you!
The other news is that I officially left my work at the orthodontist. Very sad, but definitely the best decision for my family. I am so excited devote 100% of my time and attention to my husband and son.
I thank God everyday for the opportunity to take care of His baby. Being a mother is the most amazing blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment