Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Convertable Car Seat- Great Product Find!

Even though our infant car seat can technically fit a 30 lb. 30 inch baby comfortably, my pediatrician recommended that Blane move to the convertible seat at 27 inches. So, shopping for a new seat we went.


A friend of mine told me about this first seat made by Cosco. I actually really, really liked this seat (and a few of you may remember that I actually purchased it back in January when a trip to Florida took a bad turn when we tried to rent a car seat). This seat fits great in my car, and isn't too bulky like many of them are. It will fit a forward facing baby up to 40 lbs. And, at only $45 at Walmart, you just can't beat this one. Except that I think that mine had malfunctioning straps because I could never get them to tighten. But most of my friends have this version and love it, so I know that it was just the one that I had bought. But I knew that I had to get something else, or swap this for another one, because the strap thing was just causing me problems. (You can see a pic of Blane in this seat from an earlier post)




That's when I came across the seat that I have now which I love! It also has a drawback which I will mention, but overall I'm so happy! Scott and I went to Babies R'Us, Lonestar Baby, and every other store that carries baby seats. I fell in love with this seat immediately! I love the slim design, it will hold Blane up to 80lbs, and it comes with a cushion head and back support while he's still small. It has total side impact protection, and can fold in half for travel purposes. The one downfall that I noticed, is that since it is slightly taller than others of it's kind (to hold a child up to 80lbs) it barely fit behind my driver seat in our Yukon. And unfortunately, we don't have a bench seat or I would move him to the middle. It's not an inconvenience unless Scott's driving in which case he has to sit up a little straighter. But I am so, so happy with this one! I found it at tinyride.com for $50 off, free shipping, and no tax! Still significantly more than the other, but it will be the last car seat that Blane will need. And of course I kept the other one too so that my friends and their kiddos can ride with us for outings! Oh yea, it's called Radian 80 made by Sunshine Kids!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What kind've carseat is the one you have now?