Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"NO!" Is For The Dogs!

Piggybacking on my friend Jenn's recent "no" post, I thought I should give my own discipline update. Oh wait, it's non-existent...for the most part. See, the problem is that JuneBug and Ranger are told "no" SO MANY times throughout the day, Blane seems to think the word is reserved for them, not him! If all three are in a room together and I say "no", the dogs immediately turn around and stop what they are doing, but Blane acts as if no word has come out of my mouth. Oh boy. This is going to be a problem. The other rebellious and stubborn antic that Blane has started - throwing food from his booster seat. I put just a couple pieces of food on his tray at a time, he picks one up, looks at me from the corner of his eye, and hurls it over the side, then almost throws himself over the side just to see where his morsel of food landed. (I now have the dogs outside of the kitchen when I'm feeding him so I really can't see the excitement of a piece of food sitting on the floor by itself, I mean, I could totally understand the fun of seeing two dogs fight over a bit of food that's about half the size of their one tooth!) Anyway, by the time it's all over, his entire meal has pretty much ended up on the floor. But, I found a solution! More exciting than eating in a booster off of a tray, is eating off the floor! Hey, whatever I can do to ensure that he's eating a well balanced meal!

No comments: