It has been truly hectic around here lately, hence the lack of blogging. My poor parents lost power for four days due to hurricane Ike which lucky for us meant that they came to stay for a while! Then, shortly after regaining power, Blane and I headed to Houston to visit with Uncle Conley who was visiting from Florida. Then, as soon as we were back in Dallas, Scott's grandma and grampa came to town and it was their first time to meet their new great grandson, Blane. So now that the whirlwind is over...I am completely and utterly exhausted! Not to mention that God is creating a whole human being inside of me, it's just amazing that I make it to the end of every day without keeling over.
So, what's new? Blane has a 6th tooth now! Yea! He is happy and playful as ever! He is such a sweet, sweet little boy! We have encountered our first discipline problem. Last week in the bathtub he wanted to stand up. Of course this is dangerous and a big no no, so with a very stern face I said "NO" and sat him back on his bottom. He sure thought that was funny, gave me a big laugh, and stood up again. This time I said "NO" and gave him a little hand swat, then sat him back on his bottom. Well that was even funnier! He laughed and stood right back up! He was clearly defiant so I spanked him good and hard on his little rear end (please don't turn me into the CPS) and sat him down again. I was sure he would cry and wouldn't attempt to disobey a third time. But once again he laughed out loud and stood right back up. So, I am now reading Dare to Discipline, Bringing Up Boys, and The Strong Willed Child!
Ok, enough of that, you are probably dying for new pics:
Uncle Conley and Blane in his Halloween pj's, thanks Grammie!
Me, Uncle Conley, and Blane
Last but not least, my friend Jen F is making me take a pic every week of my growing belly, so here is 6 weeks along:
2 comments:
It's so hard when they laugh in the face of discipline! Buckle up and get ready because this is when it gets interesting. But remember you're shaping him and helping him to learn obedience and you should take pride in that and know you're doing a great job, even as hard as it can be!
Haha, I'm reading Dare to Discipline too! Kaitlin has also been standing in the tub. We're going on week 4 and she still doesn't seem to grasp it's a no-no. I love the six week pic. Your abs look fabulous! Enjoy it while it lasts:)
Post a Comment