Today marks the first day of a new season of life for me. Scott and I are so, so blessed that he has a wonderful place of employment. We have never doubted for a day that God had his hands in bringing Scott this great new job. But with this new job comes some changes...travel. I have to admit that towards the end of last week I was slightly excited at the thought of a couple days/nights alone. I didn't have to worry about preparing meals (I can eat all the casseroles, beans, and onions I want!), I could soak all night in the bath with a good book, and I could watch all the cheesy tv I want. But after a long, and very trying day with Blane yesterday, my attitude completely changed. Blane is definitely going through his own new transitions. It seems like he is needing less sleep, yet is activity level is increasing everyday. Add to that the fact that he is loving to act more independent and he is testing his boundaries daily. Nothing that I didn't expect to happen sooner or later, but could it have come at a worse time? So I am feeling a little helpless, and having lots of anxiety! But I also think that God may be walking me through a new time of trial so that I learn to rely on him even more. I remembered a wonderful book that I've read several times and decided that today I need to return to a particular chapter to remind myself that even through hard days with my children, I am glorifying God by joyfully serving them. I also love Moses' depiction of the brevity of life in Psalm 90. It reminds me to "number my days"....if I really think about the small number of days that I have left with Blane, I realize how few there are. It makes the hard days seem so insignificant. In addition to all of this I've really been convicted to do more to teach Blane about Jesus and who he is. He may be too young to fully understand Christ, but he is not to young to want to know what is most important to our family.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "These commandments I give to you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and your gates."
I've decided to help him memorize Deut. 6:5 which says "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength." This is the greatest commandment, short and to the point so I thought it would be a great place to start!
So, Scott is still out of town, and I still have my hands full. I'm still nervous about what the future will hold for me with TWO babies and Scott being out of town. But God's timing is perfect and I know that he'll provide me with just the strength I need to make it through each day!
1 comment:
I am right there with ya. My little guy has been REALLY testing me lately and we had a few days of tears last week.... you can check them out here http://jesseandmiranda.blogspot.com . But Jenn F reminded me that "This too shall pass" and sure enough, my happy little guy is slowly coming back to me. Also, I too thought that he may be too young for talk about God but yesterday after church, he looked at me and said...Bible!! I guess he learned it in class. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment