- Blane has learned to open doorknobs. This discovery came about just a few days ago when we were brushing our teeth in our downstairs master bathroom. Blane took off, so I quickly spit out my toothpaste. I wasn't more than 20 seconds behind him - I enter the living room calling his name and he's no where to be found. I look out the back windows and there he is in the backyard playing with all of his toys. Safety doorknobs, here we come.
- Blane has learned that he loves "dipping" his food! He especially loves to dip in ranch dressing and ketchup. We've had such an issue trying to get him to eat protein, but with dip, just about anything will go down easily! Can you blame him?
And this is what happens to the dip in the bowl when food is long gone.....
3. I have finally made a decision about whether or not to move Blane into his big boy bed. I've been really struggling with the idea because I really think that he's too young and just not ready. The ONLY reason that I would consider it is so that Gavin could have Blane's crib without Blane feeling like we've taken it away from him. The other big issue has been that I don't want us to end up being in the middle of moving as we are trying to transition him out of his crib. And, if I did put him in a twin bed, it's like I'm admitting that he's not a baby anymore. So with all that being said, I have decided that Blane will stay in his crib for another year, and we will purchase a second crib for Gavin.
4. Blane is still sleeping 12 hours at night, almost to the minute. Unfortunately, that only leaves me with one daily nap of 2 hours if I'm lucky. Considering that this third trimester is leaving me totally lethargic, 2 hours is not enough time for me to get chores done and nap myself!
5. Blane's vocabulary is exploding. So much so that I can't keep up with all the new words that he says. I decided to keep a tap on the fridge so that I can write down new words that he says. I just started this a couple of days ago and already I've jotted down: there you go, toast, grape, banana, milk, love you, balloon, bubbles, Jesus, briefcase, vacuum, broom. We'll see how many we can add to our March list!
1 comment:
I love it! A dipper after my own heart...though he's a natural. I didn't gain my dipping tendencies until I was much older than Blane. I KNEW I liked that cutie!! Thanks for sharing!!
Love, M'Lissa
Post a Comment