Tuesday, May 5, 2009

18 Months!

Today is Blane's 18 month birthday!!! Officially one and a half! Scott and I are always commenting that he seems like such a big boy these days. Where did my little baby go? He weighed in at 25 lbs, 10 oz., height 33 5/8 inches! Blane is so exuberant and full of personality! It's been really fun to see a glimpse of the person that he will grow into! He has such a loving heart and a sweet spirit! He is still really good at sharing and he especially loves to give hugs and kisses. In fact, he will kiss anything! He will always ask Scott or I, "What is that?" and no matter what it is, he wants to kiss it! He has suddenly turned into a little sponge, soaking up anything that we say! Sometimes he will hear a word that we don't really want him to know and he will repeat it over and over! His favorite new phrases are "Oh wow!", "Bad pups!", "Come on!", "Stop it!" and many more. What I love most is in the mornings I'll hear him wake up and play in bed for a while and then all the sudden we hear "Mooommmmmmyyyyy!!!!!!!, Daaaaaaddddddyyyyyyy!!!!!" over and over until we enter his room. He will also yell mommy and daddy while we are in a store. We took Blane to Walmart the other day and I separated from Blane and Scott. Even several isles over I could hear him yelling out my name. He'll do the same thing if Scott leaves! Blane has also become and expert at identifying animals and body parts. Living in Texas we pass tons of fields everyday that are full of horses, cows, buffalo, etc. He loves to point out the window and exclaim, "Mooooooo!, or Neigh!". Poor Junebug gets her eyes poked at everyday as Blane tries to show us her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, etc. He even told me one day that the fan had eyes...hmmmmm. Blane still sleeps really well (except for a bout last week of waking up at 6:45 am- yikes!). He goes to bed around 7:45 pm and wakes at almost 8 am the next morning, and still takes a good 2 hour nap during the day. It does seem like his need for sleep is slowly decreasing, so hopefully we can keep up this pattern long enough for Gavin to start sleeping through the night! Wishful thinking I'm sure! Blane also loves to do boy things like sit in the drivers seat of our cars and pretend that he's going somewhere. In fact, he would sit there holding the steering wheel and pushing buttons for hours if we would let him! I still let him watch Sesame Street in the mornings and his favorite characters are Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster. Sometimes Blane will bring the remote to me and say "Ses Steet!". He even has a cookie monster bib that he will literally try to "feed" while he's eating. He even makes the cookie monster sound when he's feeding his bib. His 13th and 14th teeth have finally erupted, so just two more to go! Having little Blane is our lives is the most wonderful blessing that I could have ever imagined! But I didn't realize how much being a mommy would hurt my heart. It breaks my heart every time another child is mean to him and it kills me to be wondering if he will be saved. It's true what they say that love hurts!
This is one of those safe seater seats that they have for toddlers in the bathrooms. I think they are hilarious!


Blane adores Sonic ice!


Grocery shopping


Laughing at Grandaddy


This is what life is like with Blane!


Painting project





A little photo op


Cuddling with Grammie!

No comments: