
This past month has been such a whirlwind! Adding another member to our family has been so rewarding and fun, but a little challenging as well. For the most part Blane seems to be adjusting really well, and he LOVES his new little brother. But I will admit, there have been days where I have lost my patience or have felt guilty for not spending enough one on one time with each of them. On those days I remind myself how blessed I am to be raising two of God's precious children and that motherhood is such a joy! I'm not sure if it's the terrible two's coming on, a bout of jealousy, or the extremely hot weather, but Blane has thrown a couple of tantrums this month! He is definitely exerting his
Independence! I love that he is strong willed,
independent, and clearly not a pushover! It's challenging to wrangle him in at times but I know that these wonderful qualities will help him to be a
successful and well rounded man of God! His vocabulary continues to explode and everyday brings a new word or sentence! He loves to announce that he is a Patterson! My favorite is when he comes to Scott or I with open arms and demands "Hold You!" - meaning that he wants to be held. And I have actually mastered holding both of my sweet babies at one time! He also likes to feel important by bringing us an item of ours and saying "thank you". Oh, and he has almost mastered telling us when he's had a poop. Could potty training not be too far away?! I'm so glad that my little boy still likes to hold my hand and that sometimes he will even ask me for my hand, so sweet! He also will "cheers" with his drinks, and "knuckles" to greet someone. What a boy! But he's still sweet and sensitive and always is very attentive to Gavin's needs. If Gavin is crying or upset, Blane will hand him his
lovie or bring him a
paci or blanket. Or, he will hold Gavin's hand to calm him down. Speaking of
lovies, way back when I knew that
lovie was here to stay, I purchased a second identical
lovie. You know, just in case one gets lost, or if
original lovie needs a bath, then we have a backup. Sometime in this past month Blane discovered that he actually has two
lovies, and now he can't sleep without both. I'll have to be more careful with Gavin's
lovies! Blane has some funny
nightime requests. He will often bring a favorite toy to bed with him such as his hat or my headband (which he has taken a strange liking to and will not leave home without! See pic below). And after I cover Blane with his blanket, he wants his teddy covered with his blanket too. His last 4 teeth have finally made there way in over the last two months, so we have no more teething issues! Blane continues to be a great eater...he actually prefers fruit and veggies over typical toddler foods. And of course he loves any Sonic drink, can you blame him? He has really mastered his golf swing and if there isn't a golf ball to hit at then he will throw his snacks on the floor and use that instead. Scott and I are banking our retirement bliss on the hope that Blane and Gavin will be the next Serena/Venus or Eli/Peyton of the golf world, Tiger Woods
caliber. Blane continues to bless us in ways that we could never have imagined. We love you sweet baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment