Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blane: TWO years old!!!!!

Birth Day!

3 Months

6 Months

9 Months

12 Months

At 18 months, he became a big brother!

How do I sum up two of the best years of my life into one blog entry? I still just can't believe that my little firstborn baby has reached his second birthday. I still remember his birth day as if it was just yesterday. I remember being so excited to find out we were pregnant, and then to find out that the little life growing inside of me was, in fact a boy! I remember planning, and planning, and planning every detail of his room, his bathroom, all of it! It took me forever to pick out the perfect paint, the perfect bedding, and the perfect furniture and wall decor. It was so hard for me to keep his name a secret until he arrived! The anticipation of his arrival grew and grew and even though I had been against inducing his delivery, our overnight stay at the hospital made us second guess that decision. We were so ready to meet him! I remember the early days of no sleep. I would bring him into bed and lay him on my chest to comfort him, or I would carry him around in the baby bjorn so that we could be near each other. I remember being overwhelmed with a love that I had never experienced before and then realizing that the love I had for my baby was so small in comparison to how much God loves us! We have experienced so many 'firsts' over the past two years, and every single day we discover something new about Blane. Being his mommy is what God designed me to do and even though some days are hard, I love my job beyond words and I have never wished I was doing anything else. It is a pure joy to stay at home with my babies! Blane is so much fun, easy going, tender-hearted, sweet spirited, affectionate, vivacious, loving, and caring. But all boy for sure! But above all he is learning to love Jesus. Often he will tell me that he wants to talk to God, so we pray! And yesterday for the first time he told me, "God loves you!" Thank you God for the gift of my family!


Highlights from October:

  • Blane loves to pretend that he's going to work each day just like daddy does. Then he'll knock on the door and say, "Mommy, I"m home!!!" He then runs to me asking for a kiss and hug
  • He is obsessed with the trash man. He still will tell me anytime he hears a loud truck, "Mommy. trash man. is coming.!"
  • Blane is so sweet with Gavin. I often have G sitting in his booster with toys while I'm in the kitchen. G always drops his toys and Blane is there to give them back. What a wonderful big brother Blane is!
  • We were watching the Today show and Tim McGraw was singing (with a hat and guitar of course). As soon as Blane saw him he ran to get his cowboy hat and his guitar. He stood there in front of the tv all morning playing along with Tim : )
  • Scott ordered a new pair of pants which recently arrived in the mail. When he pulled them out of the package he held them up to himself, and they were clearly too big, which Scott announced. Nearby was a stack of clean laundry. Blane sorted through the stack and every pair of pants or shorts he came a cross he would hold up to himself and say, "No, too big!"
  • I'm always telling Blane, "Look!" or "Watch this!" This past month Blane has been telling me to "look" and "watch" things that he is doing or if he sees something fun out his window. Especially when he's drawing or coloring, "Look mommy, look!"
  • I'm also always telling Blane that we are going to run errands. He gets SO excited and says, "YEA! Errands!!!"
  • Blane loves to make coffee in the morning. He helps us grind the beans, pour the water, and turn on the button to make the light come on. When the coffee maker beeps, he says, "Coffee ready!"
  • Last month he learned that he can get out of the crib on his own. But every now and then he can't quite make it all the way over the top of the rail. Many mornings in the monitor I'll hear, "Mommy, I stuck!"
  • Blane likes to correct me when I'm doing something wrong. For instance, he wanted me to play the trumpet the other day (which I've never done before by the way!) I was pretending to play and he was clearly upset with how I was holding the instrument. He showed me what I was doing wrong and then was satisfied when I had corrected my grip. He will do this with the guitar too!
  • Things are not just big anymore, they are HUGE! Blane will tell me, "Huge airplane!" or "Huge truck!" So funny!
  • He has a little 'ritual' at night. We have to pray, kiss, hug, and answer yes when he asks to go for a bike ride : )
  • He sleeps with a pillow, two lovies, a blanket, a musical bear, bear Patterson, Ming-Ming, Linny, and Tuck. That's a lot to keep up with!
  • Blane still says, "Hold you" when he wants to be held and now says "Help me" when he wants to help US with something. I guess that's because I always ask him, "Blane, do you want to help me?"
  • Blane is getting really good at putting three or more words together to form a sentence. Most often he will ask, "Mommy, Daddy go?" Meaning, where did Daddy go? Or, "Mommy, moon go?"
  • We have made a couple of attempts to nap in the big boy bed this month. Usually he will sleep for an hour in the twin bed, wake up a little disoriented, and want to finish out his nap in the crib. I usually ask him at bedtime and naptime where he wants to sleep, and most often he still likes the crib.

Blane loves to go bike riding with daddy




Helping Daddy pick up poop

Playing a baseball game

Blane and Grandaddy

Cooking in the kitchen. His favorite thing to do!


Swinging at the park

Blane loves to help me with the laundry!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Blane! He looks so grown up in these pics and of course more handsome than ever. What a precious family!