Well, it has been a busy, busy, busy past month or so! And not just because of the holidays - we've just had a lot going on! We've either been out of town or had family in town, had lots of appointments and doctor's visits, pre-schools to check out, holiday parties to attend, etc, etc. Scott has been traveling more, which means that the boys and I usually pick up and head to Houston if mom can't come here! So between all the busyness, I feel like I have really neglected the blog! Hopefully I can get caught up with Blane here.....
Blane is as funny as ever! He is spirited, outgoing, sweet as can be, and just loves life! We have so much fun together each and every day! His communication skills continue to expand and it's really fun to have a conversation with him - in person or on the phone. His sentences are expanding as well! He'll say, "Mommy, Daddy go?" or "Doing Mommy?" for what are you doing? He'll ask me often, "Wonder Pets in your bedroom?" because I usually let him get in my bed to watch a show while I'm getting ready in the morning. He now can refer to things by color. For instance he'll say, "Red stool" or "yellow stool" depending on which one he wants! He is also really great at imitation my phone conversations. When I get off a call, he will grab his blackberry (Scott's old, broken one) and he will imitate EXACTLY my part of the conversation I just had. He'll laugh where appropriate and everything! It's really so funny to watch and listen to! Blane also loves to sing! His FAVORITE song right now is Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. He is seriously obsessed and asks for it all the time. I did however get him to like JayZ's new song : ) Sometimes we put him to bed at night and he will just sing away for up to two hours. It's fun to listen to him in the monitor. Most recently at night he will sing Frosty the Snowman or Jingle Bells. Sweet boy!
Blane does some really funny things too. He loves to wear his socks on his hands and pretend they are gloves. I don't know where this came from but I rarely see him these days with free hands. Sometimes he needs help to get the second sock on so he'll ask, "Sock on hand?"
Grammie recently taught Blane how to floss. He really enjoyed it and took his floss with him out to the backyard. You can imagine how upset he was when the floss blew away in the wind. Ha! But he loves anything to do with flossing and brushing his teeth.
Blane has impeccable manners! His manners are especially great when he's trying to manipulate someone. "Mommy, a cookie please" is something I hear multiple times a day. "Thank you mommy" is pretty sweet too. "Sorry, mommy" is often heard after he's been in trouble. All the hard work and prompting has paid off because he usually has great manners without being told!
Blane still loves to help out in the kitchen. He recently discovered that his kitchen stool comes in handy in other areas of the house. Typically Blane will carry that little yellow stool to every room and stand on it to be closer to our height. He sure doesn't want to miss out on anything!
Blane is doing really great at memorizing scriptures! He loves Psalm 19 and John 3:16. I really wish I had started teaching him earlier! He always asks me, "God song?!" because he thinks that our verses are songs. He loves to say his memorized verses over, and over especially when we are in the car. It is so sweet to see my baby boy beginning to learn about Jesus!
Blane has recently gone through a growth spurt! Three pairs of pants that were huge on him in August, are now highwaters. Like man capris! Well, we can't have that so we are on a new pant mission this week.
This past month we have had lots of Christmas fun as a family! But most of all we love to sit down together before bedtime and talk about the coming of Jesus! Blane has gotten more use out of his nativity scene this year than last, and he loves to put his baby Jesus in the manger.
Whew, that was a lot of info! I'm sure that I'm leaving out some great stuff....all I know is that I have two wonderful little guys who bring a lot of life and love to each day. I am thankful for my boys and for my wonderful husband. This week I have really experienced a peace and contentment with my life that I have never felt before.
These next few pictures are from Exxon's Winter Wonderland!



1 comment:
What an adorable boy! I love the last pic in the football attire.
Post a Comment