Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gavin: 7 Month Update

This month has brought big changes for our little 7 month old! Gavin is expressive, inquisitive, curious, and generally very interested in the world around him! He is also loving, gentle, sweet, quiet, and still a very, very easy baby. Gavin mostly loves his big brother. He smiles, squeals, and stares at everything Blane does! It's so sweet to see how in awe of Blane he is. Gavin is so sturdy sitting up now so early this month he started taking baths sitting up with big brother. Bath time is so much more fun now! Gavin grabs EVERYTHING! He often takes Blane's toys from him, pulls food off my plate, basically nothing is safe if it's within Gavin's reach. We are having to be really careful that Blane's little toys are not left lying around! Up until this month Gavin had still been taking three naps a day! But, around mid December he decided that three naps just wasn't for him anymore. So, we are down to two naps a day, usually at 10 and 2ish, and lasting about 1 1/2 hrs each. The problem is that Gavin naps in the morning, Blane mid-day, then Gavin again in the afternoon. This creates a problem for me if I need to run errands! Gavin had his first un-professional haircut this month! The hair on the top of his head never fell out and it had grown way past his eyes. As you can see from the pictures below he enjoyed his first cut courtesy of Daddy! Gavin gave me a scare this month - I thought that he was giving up nursing! He pretty much refused to nurse for about a week and a half, then of course my milk supply went down too! I was really disappointed because I had worked to hard and been so excited about breastfeeding this time around, so I was hoping that it would end on my terms, not his! Come to find out Gavin had his first ear infection. Apparently sucking puts pressure on their ears and many babies will not nurse when their ears hurt! So I contacted a lactation consultant who told me several steps to take to get nursing going again. Thankfully, it worked! So, Gavin is nursing about 5 times a day, and eating three meals with us. He still goes to be at 7, sleeps until 5:30, then goes back to bed until 8 or so. He's also wearing 4 diapers and wearing size 9 months! Big boy!!! My little guy still has no teeth! Blane had teeth at 5 months, and I'm a little happy that Gavin's aren't in yet. I'm fine putting teething off for a while : ) We are getting close to completing physical therapy because he has progressed so well! We have even seen change in his head shape after wearing his helmet for only 2 weeks! We are really encouraged!
I remember bringing this little boy home from the hospital and wondering how I would ever be able to manage two babies. But I quickly learned that there is no way I would be able to manage without them! Gavin is my little treasure!
In the bucket swing for the first time!

In the highchair for the first time!

First haircut!

In the shopping cart for the first time!

Just a little bath in the sink!

No comments: