
God blessed us with such a sweet little treasure when he gave us Gavin. This perfect little baby won't be a baby much longer!
I was so excited this month to hear that Gavin has moved on from "Daaaadaaaa" to "Mmmmaaaammmaaa"! Yea! What sweet, sweet sounds! Gavin isn't quite crawling yet, but he is really trying to! He gets SO angry when there is a toy just beyond his reach. He has been scooching backwards...it won't be long now! He is pivoting really well when he's on his tummy, and will pull himself up into standing position if he's holding our hands.
He's not a cuddly baby per se, but he's much more cuddly than Blane, probably because of the nursing. I love cuddling with him when he's sick or sleepy! What precious moments! Gavin is now sleeping with his lovie, which he LOVES! He is also a little boy who loves his bed. Luckily, naptime and bedtime have always been easy with him. There were two consecutive nights this month where he went 11 hours sleeping straight without eating. And when he woke up those mornings we heard sweet babbles, no crying! But I have to say that his "schedule" has changed with his first sickness this month. He was nursing about 5 times a day and eating three solid food meals, but being sick has up'd the nursing, which I don't mind of course! But solid food has been out of the question for a while now. So this week it's been back to mommy milk about 7 times a day. It's so funny if he's sitting across the room for me how he will look in my direction and moan and cry until I come to feed him. What a special gift God gave mommy's that they can nourish their little babies!
Speaking of solid food, this kid is not fond of texture - at all! He is SO opposite his brother when it comes to food. He loves the Gerber foods and his cereal, and mum-mums too. But try to get him to eat homemade baby food and he will gag until he throws up. Yup. Blane on the other hand would only eat food that I made and wouldn't touch the boxed/canned stuff! Gavin does love to chase cherrios around his tray, and occasionally one will make it's way to his mouth, but that's about as far as we've gotten. I really don't mind though. In fact, I figure that the less "big boy" food that he consumes, the more he's still my little baby : )
Gavin has been wearing his DOC Band helmet for 7 weeks now. We truly have had a wonderful experience with Cranial Technologies and we've seen drastic improvement in his head shape! Everyone LOVES the design of his helmet and we are constantly getting questions and comments about it. The fun design and positive response from everyone has made getting through treatment bearable! We have another visit with his DOC Band therapist on Monday, and we are hoping to be out of the helmet two weeks from that adjustment. Keep you posted!
At his sick visit two days ago, he weighed in at 19 lbs! He's wearing 9 month clothes and I do have him in size 4 diapers! Ha! We also moved him to his big boy car seat this month. Sigh....

1 comment:
He's growing up so quickly. What a cutie! I love hearing all the updates.
Post a Comment