Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blane ism's

My little Blane! You bring us so much laughter and joy! I am so proud of your own understanding of loving Jesus, and for the love your show your little brother. You make my heart skip a beat because of my love for you!

Blane is HILARIOUS and is always keeping me on my toes. He's fun, sneaky, a jokester and a perfect imitator! Life is fun and carefree because of this sweet child!

Blane is talking up a storm and a wonderful communicator. It's fun to have a conversation with him, hear him talk back in actual sentences, and know that he's comprehending the back and forth conversation. Here are some of the great things I hear from him:
  • "Mommy, get cozy." He says this when we are cuddling watching tv, or changing into comfy clothes
  • "I drew this!" He loves to show people his drawings and paintings that are displayed on our fridge.
  • "Oh WOW, mommy!" This is the response I sometimes get when dinner is being served! :)
  • "Mommy, I sick again. Use bathroom." Blane has been a little sick this month so I heard this phrase often!
  • "No! Mommy's menu!" If we are out at a restaurant and the waiter takes my menu, Blane gets really defensive for me, thinking that someone is stealing what is rightfully mine. He also says, "No! Baby's helmet!" when the Gavin's therapist takes his helmet out of the room for adjustments. This is one of my favorite characteristics- he's quick to take notice when something isn't right to him, and not afraid to stand up for someone else. Hopefully Jesus will use this quality!
  • "I'm reading bible stories, mommy!" Blane will say this while flipping through my bible on the nightstand. So sweet!
  • Lately when I ask Blane to do something he will clearly let me know that he would not care to be involved. The other day I said, "Blane, let's go get the mail!" and he replied, " YOU get mail, I stay here (pointing to the chair he was sitting in)"
  • Blane is obsessed with trucks lately. His favorite book right now is the Big Trucks book, and Don't Eat the Teacher. Anytime we are driving he will call out the name of the truck we are passing. He is teaching me a thing or two about Giant Excavators, and Telephone Line Repair Trucks.
  • Today, Scott put Blane down for his nap and soon after I hear Blane calling "Mommy, diaper....." When I got to his room he was holding his diaper in one hand saying, "Pee-pee diaper" He hadn't wet the bed or his diaper so I asked if he needed to use the big boy potty. He replied yes so we went to use the potty. Funny the random times they decide to do things!





No comments: