Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Psalm 19:14

A while back I started teaching Blane some bible verses. It has been such fun seeing him excited to "recite after me" and use big bold hand motions! He always thought bible verses were fun, and very funny! Over time he has often asked me to say a "God song" with him. It's always been something fun for us to do together! I talk to him a lot about Jesus, God, and where he comes from. He really enjoys these "songs" and conversations but it's always been something that I've initiated. Sometimes, very randomly, Blane will sing a song to himself without being prompted. It's almost always the Wonder Pets theme song. BUT, today in the car I heard him in the back seat reciting the very first memory verse I taught him. Psalm 19:14. For some reason his version starts at the word "heart" and goes from there. It sounded a lot like this, "heart please GOD! My ROCK! My REDEEMER!" It is such a sweet blessing to hear my little boy treasuring God's word in his heart. I pray everyday that God draws my little boys to Him!

No comments: