when your child repeatedly asks to use the big boy potty for days on end, I guess you have to oblige, right? We've owned a big boy potty for a long time, but hadn't given it to Blane yet. I was waiting for the right time to wrap it up and make a big deal of it! While we are most definitely not "potty training", he IS very interested! So, I figure we'd go ahead and let him play around with it. After dinner last night we had a big potty party! He opened his potty and his big boy underwear (Wonder Pet's themed of course!). He was SOOO excited! He immediately wanted to wear his new underwear. We set up the potty, he went right over to it, sat down, and peed! What?! I totally didn't expect that! To reward his pee in the potty, he received an mm. Well that created a candy monster! He peed on the potty another 6 times within the hour, anything to get some candy! I was REALLY surprised and so proud of him! All in all, last night he went two hours going only on the potty, with no accidents! Of course I put him in a diaper for bedtime and when he woke up this morning he said, "Mommy, I go potty!" When I took him over to the potty, he still had his diaper on and asked for his big boy underwear. He spent from 7 until 10 in his big boy underwear this morning with no accidents! Since then, he's been in his diaper. I think we will plan to let him stay in underwear and practice with the potty on days that we are staying at home. Otherwise, we will wear diapers like normal. I'm in no rush to get him potty trained, but I want him to have some idea of what is going on before he starts pre-school next year since most of the other kids will have started training as well. It's really fun to see him interested and proud of himself!


On the phone with Grammie, Grandaddy, Nanna, and Poppop telling them all about his big boy potty!
3 comments:
Yea Blane! What a big boy!!
MAN! I wish mine was that interested...he loves his Thomas the Train underwear, but he'll pee on their faces NO PROBLEM. Upside: He will tell me after he gets Thomas wet?
Way to go Blane...already alittle smarter than my crazy boy!
I LOVE it! He'll be potty trained in no time!
Post a Comment