"No gift unrecognized as coming from God is at its own best...when in all gifts we find Him, then in Him we shall find all things."
George MacDonald
It's so easy to live in darkness and oblivion. To simply walk through life with blinders on. I often fail to recognize the many precious gifts that are daily bestowed upon me from Jesus. I quickly am bogged down in household chores, cooking, cleaning, raising babies, changing diapers....But God is everywhere, in the little things, and the big things, the good things, and the bad things. All things are for His glory, and for my good. The more I am able to recognize Him, the more my communion with Him will grow. The book of James tells us that He draws near to us when we draw near to Him! What better way to start drawing near to God than by recognizing and rejoicing in the graces of everyday life! My 'thousand gifts' journal is a list of simple, everyday gifts, ways that I'm seeing Jesus everyday! Here is just glimpse of my many, many gifts!
- My husband who is money conscious and honorable, especially when it comes to saving and spending. What a huge blessing!
- The Daily Walk Bible that was just delivered to my doorstep by the UPS man. This bible is going to take me on a fantastic journey this year!
- The voices and squeals of my little boys as they laugh, play, tumble, and twirl.
- The fact that I rejoice in motherhood every single day! That joy can only come from God!
- I am truly thankful for the opportunity to capture memories to blogger - I know that one day, when the boys look back on these entries, they will know how much their mommy and daddy loved them, but even more-so how much Jesus loves them!
No comments:
Post a Comment