The scariest things always happen to me when Scott is out of town. This last one night trip was no exception! That day we had weird, creepy bug guy come exterminate our house. I kept thinking that he was going to come back to kill us that night, while Scott was gone. So I made sure to set the alarm, lock all doors, and I demanded that both dogs be in bed with me as I fell asleep. I consoled myself by thinking, "If someone was to try to get into my room, I would hear them fumbling around with the childproof lock on the outside of the door." With that thought I drifted off to peaceful sleep.
Around 6 am the dogs are on high alert! That's never good when you're home alone! Low and behold, I DO hear someone fumbling at my door! Could it be Blane? No, because a) he never gets out of his crib, b) if he were to get out of his crib, I would have heard the loud THUD, c) if he were trying to get in my room he'd be yelling "Mommy!!!!". Upon deciding that it couldn't be Blane, I grab my phone to dial 911 and I prepare myself for attack. I mean, it's not like I can go hide in my closet, I have two babies I have to protect! So I swing the door open wide, and who is standing there proud as can be - Blane - holding the largest water gun you have ever seen. And pretty darn proud of himself for his little adventure out of the crib, down the stairs, and into my room.
So, away goes the baby bed, and into the new big boy Star Wars bed! At first, Blane wasn't very excited that he couldn't be in his baby bed anymore, but I explained to him that the baby bed was going to a new baby that needs it. The transition was actually easy and he loves his new bed! He won't even get out on his own unless I come get him! Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment