Me: "Blane, what is his name (referring to Gavin)?"
Blane: "Baby Daniel Baby Patterson!"
Blane is learning to understand why I respond the way I do:
Blane: "Mommy, I'm getting some candy for you."
Me: "That's ok Blane, you can have it"
Blane: "Are you full Mommy?"
Blane loves to identify things that have been given to him as gifts and I'll often hear him say, "Mommy, Nanna (or anyone) gave this to me!"
Blane starting to understand time/days. Sometimes, when we are doing something we've done before (ie eating dinner for example) he'll say, "Last time I ate dinner, ........."
Scott: "Blane, should we go get our hair cut today?"
Blane: "YES! Mommy, you come with us?"
The other night we were reading a book in the bath with a picture of a boy taking a bath. Blane said, "Like what we are doing, same thing."
Blane is loving to pretend play and role reverse. He likes for me to be the baby, and him to be the mommy. He tucks me in to bed with my lovie (a drumstick), gives me fruit snacks for breakfast, candy for lunch, and ice cream for dinner. He even 'does the laundry' while I'm napping : )
Blane is learning to identify different characteristics of everyone in the family. The other day he told me, "Daddy is big, Baby is little, I am a boy, and you are best Mommy."
In the mornings, he loves to watch Scott get ready for work. Often, Scott will put some aftershave lotion on Blane's cheeks. If I kiss him later in the day Blane tells me, "No! Leave my lotion on!" He's so afraid it's going to rub off!
His conversation and understanding of event sequence is expanding. He said to me in the car the other night, "Turn on the light. and. see my owie." A couple of months ago he would have just said "owie"
Sometimes I say to Blane, "Poor baby." or "Poor Daddy." Blane's response is, "No mommy, Daddy's ok"
We pass by a lot of cow pastures out in this area. Normally Blane just says, "Cows mommy!" But recently he will tell me where in proximity to us they are. I heard yesterday, "Mommy, those cows are far away!"
Sweet, sweet boy! It's is so amazing how quickly their brains develop and expand. His multidimensional thinking surprises me everyday! I know that there is a God who is knitting together every fiber of his being as he grows! I'll leave you with some pictures of my little man!
Playing hopscotch (great inside energy burner!)
Teaching baby Gavin to play the guitar.
Wherever we go, the guitar comes along!

Waiting eagerly for the trash man to come down our street
"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to the bounce house is now ready!" (imitating the announcement our pastor made at the Easter egg hunt/bounce house on Saturday)
3 comments:
So cute! Miller is saying some of the very same things these days... so sweet how their little minds work!
Hey Jen, I just wanted to let you know about these nursing covers that my friends blog is advertising a free nursing cover at uddercovers.com. The free code is onefree. Then you just have to pay shipping. I thought of you and thought maybe you'd be interested! :)
Jen, I can't believe how big the boys are getting! They are so handsome. I hope y'all are doing well...would love to see you some time.
Post a Comment