Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blane: August Update

Blane is the sweetest, most loving little boy I could have ever asked for! He continues to be sweet and compassionate and says the most loving things to me! He pays close attention to detail - if I've vacuumed during nap time he will tell me when he wakes up, "Mommy, the floor looks nice!" He even told me once that the toilet bowl looked pretty after I had scrubbed it. Anytime I wear a dress he says, "I like your spinning dress mommy." I don't know what a spinning dress is, but it sounds nice : ) He loves to help me at the grocery store. He's a champ at putting the groceries from the cart to the checkout belt; and as soon as we arrive home, he helps me bring the groceries inside and put them away. It's so nice having a big helper! One of the sweetest things he's started doing this month is praying for the baby in my belly. Each and every prayer ends with "and please help the baby in Mommy's tummy. Amen" "I like spending time with you, Mommy" is another sweet phrase that I hear almost everyday.

Blane is all boy though! Guns, swords, and baseball are everyday favorites. One day we were watching gymnastics on tv, and that became new fun. He stands on the fireplace, jumps off, runs to the couch and crashes into it - and this folks, is Blane Gymnastics. This summer we've had such fun in the pool and Blane loves every minute of it. He especially loves his goggles and dive sticks. He is doing so well at holding his breath and going under water to retrieve his sticks. He is also accomplished at swimming back and forth in the pool between us, all without his floaties.

Since our vacation in Hilton Head where we all stayed in the same room, Blane has been reluctant to stay in his room at night. He quickly figured out that every time he came down, we would take him right back to his room. So being the sneaky little boy he is, he discovered that he can quietly enter our room and fall asleep at the foot of our bed on the floor and we wouldn't' know - at least until pregnant mommy got up to bathroom in the middle of the night and tripped over him. Hmmmm....

Blane still loves to read! Over the summer and especially this last month we haven't done a whole lot academically, but I'm excited to get back into learning with him. Lately, we've been doing toddler Brain Quest which is super fun! He also has a preschool workbook that we work through, and we've been using Reading Matters material to work on manipulating the alphabet. Blane does really well at scripture memorization and we've memorized about five verses this month! He starts preschool next week, two days a week, from 9-2. This is real preschool people! He will even attend a Spanish and Chapel class! He's going to love school and I'm looking forward to some alone time with Gavin. Speaking of school, God has really laid the idea of homeschooling on my heart. Mainly Kindergarden, but possibly through 3rd grade. I have three years to research and decide, but I'm really, really excited about the possibilities!

Funny sayings this month:
Are you so proud of me?
On your marks, set ready, go!
Sorry about that, that was a bad hit by me.
I'm bad (he says this instead of "my bad")
Mommy you're my buddy

Me: "Blane, where does God live"
B: "Heaven"
Me: "What's heaven like"
B: "We give presents to Jesus and there's lots of candy and cakes there"





1 comment:

Jenn said...

The Bible verses are the most precious thing I've ever seen...especially b/c he's all boy while he's saying them:)