After what feels like the never ending day of discipline, poop, pee, more discipline and correction, feeling like the worst mom ever, and actually being called "bad mommy", God sweetly reminded me of His goodness and grace. He knew that I needed an exceptionally loving moment with my boys tonight so that we could all head to bed feeling loved on and joyful. Blane, Gavin and I were all siting together in Gavin's rocking chair (Gavin in my lap and Blane beside us). We had finished our books and were in the middle of singing Jesus Loves Me when Blane interrupted me, "Mommy, can I hold Gavin and rock him and sing to him?" I gently shifted Gavin to Blane's lap and watched as Blane wrapped his little arms around his brothers waist and sang in his ear "Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong...." What a tender moment - I am so thankful that God extends us sweet little moments of his goodness and grace!
3 comments:
Those moments are the best. :) I'm glad you had a sweet moment to end your long day!
That is too sweet! I can't believe you had the same kind of day I did yesterday...let's just say I had to ask for K's forgiveness more than once. I keep thinking I'm going to have to get in all my "bad mommying" before K is 3 and can remember this stuff. I'm so glad that God is forgiving and so is my daughter.
Well, we all must be at the same point in our little one's lives. I had that day earlier this week. I am blessed to be able to give, and receive, encouragement from faith-filled women like you. Parenting is NOT for the weak of heart, but if done the right way, oooh what blessings we reap!
You're doing great Jen, love you!
Oh, saw you on 1709 yesterday and I waved like a crazy woman at you! LOL
Post a Comment