Monday, September 27, 2010

Blane: September Update

It seems hard to believe that in two short months I will be posting about a THREE year old! Watching my babies grow and change so quickly reminds me of the numerous times in scripture where our life is referred to as fleeting, a mist that vanishes.....I have to remember often to just slow down and savor each moment! The moments in my days are non-stop fun because of our sweet, active little guy. He loves tackle, checkers, puzzles, weeds, dirt, spiders, walks, parks, sonic drinks, slurpies, Mooyah's hot dogs, bath time with mommy or daddy, dinosaurs, hopscotch and a host of other fun things which we partake in daily! Blane is a ham and sometimes charmingly deceptive - he knows how to woo a girl (mommy) into getting what he wants - hopefully we can reign in this "charming" part of his personality! Diapers are now a thing of the past, hooray! Mommy and Daddy just got a raise! Blane is still sweet and sensitive, cuddly at times, and always loving. He loves to learn and read, color, draw, paint, and explore. We've happened across several 24 piece puzzles and he loves to sit at the kitchen table and put them together over and over again. We are so lucky to get new books from Nana often, and we love to dive into them right away! We also have enjoyed the My First Bob books that I found super cheap at a garage sale! Blane and I decided recently that regular play dough is boring and expensive, so we made a batch of red koolaid play dough instead - much more fun and it smells good too! Blane is such a huge help around the house: he helps Daddy with the trash, picks up dog poop in the yard (because he wants to, not because we make him!), and loves to pull weeds. He still loves to pray for our dinner and always wants me to "repeat after him" when we're praying before bed. Some of the sweetest and meaningful conversations I have with him are during bath time and bedtime - it's during these moments that I can challenge him with serious questions such as "What do you think heaven will be like". His answers are always precious and innocent and I continue to pray that God is drawing his little heart to himself. I love and adore my little buddy, and I am so excited to watch what God has in store for this little life!


A is for Acorn
We love Dot paint!
Float or Sink science experiment
Play dough


Puzzles!



No comments: