Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sugar Cookies!!!!!

I love the idea of decorated sugar cookies for the holidays! Usually Halloween doesn't count on my list of "holidays" but when I came across this recipe for cute sugar cookie cutouts, I couldn't resist making them for our lifegroup fall party! Annie's Good Eats always has fun and tasty recipes, so I knew I couldn't go wrong! Visit her website for the step by step guide on ingredients recipes!

I will say that this was very time consuming and can be very pricey if you don't have many decorating tools on hand! I already had color gels and decorating tips and bags, so I purchased meringue powder ($5.29) and squirt bottles (.89 cents each). I did pick up an extra gel color which was $1.99! Also make sure you have plenty of confectioners sugar lying around, you'll need 4 cups per icing batch.

Overall, I was really excited that they turned out pretty, and tasty too! And my helper was super cute as well!

Supplies
Pumpkin cutouts
Coloring the icing

Piping the cookies
Thinned out icing to "flood" the cookies
"Flooding" drying
Piping the stem and the face
Finished!

And my sweet little helper, Gavin

1 comment:

Julia said...

Love the cookies! Will you e-mail me directions for the icing and the 'flooding' directions? Thanks! I'd love to try it...

julialockhart5@gmail.com