B: "No, JuneBug is my best friend, you are daddy's best friend!"
No longer are questions and phrases prefaced with "I" but are now "Me and Gavin..." So sweet!
Blane loves to role play. Recently he asked me if Mr Adam (our worship leader) was a rockstar. I said yes, only because he loves Jesus. Now Blane pretends that he's Mr Adam, going to work at the church to be worship leader. Blane feels that in this game it's important to have his ipod with him at all times (MY ipod)
He also loves to role play with family members. Blane is usually Daddy, I'm either Mommy or the family dog, and Gavin is his baby : ) Often he will "drop me off at Nanna's house so that he can go on a date : )
One morning I asked Blane to go upstairs and bring down the clothes I had laid out for him to wear that day. Instead he came down fully dressed on his own! He was SO proud of himself! It was a bittersweet moment - it's so helpful that he can do that sort of thing now, but it's very sad that he's that big!
Blane loves to draw and write and most recently he has accomplished writing the letter "B"
Blane has started soccer!!! He had his first practice last week and his first game will be this upcoming weekend! I was so proud of the way he obeyed and listened intently to his couch, and was eager to learn and not to cling to mommy and daddy. It is obvious that he has developed not only self confidence but a secure sense of self over the past year!
Blane is still extremely eager for Ashley's arrival and he asks about her often! Every night the boys and I read books in her room and talk about what it will be like when she's here. I think that Blane is mostly excited to rock her : )







No comments:
Post a Comment