Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day!

I think there is something uniquely special about Valentines Day! Scott and I have never cared much to celebrate it, but it's really fun to teach the boys about love. Today I asked Blane what valentines day means and he said "That God loves us!" The only reason that we have a capacity to love is because God first loved us! This is the message that I hope my little boys take away each year that we celebrate valentines!

Each year we memorize 1 John 4:19, we talk about who we love and why, we talk about who loves us, we make valentines cards for our friends (and this year teachers too!), and of course we make yummy things to eat! This morning Blane and I surprised Daddy with breakfast in bed - a heart shaped pancake topped with powdered sugar and chocolate!

This is a new favorite book of ours for the holiday. It is a really sweet reminder that God loves us and passionately pursues our hearts!
We decided to make valentine popcorn balls for school tomorrow! Yummy!
Hard at work coloring their valentine cards

Our "God is love" banner!

And to top it all off, funny Blane quote:

Me: "Blane, are you my best friend?"
Blane: "No, JuneBug is my best friend"
Me: "Oh, well who is my best friend then?"
Blane: "You are Daddy's best friend!"

No comments: