Friday, April 1, 2011

Ashley: 1 Week!

Today marks Ashley's ONE week birthday! It is safe to say that we are all smitten with our girl! She's just precious, and a really GOOD baby. All three of the boys are in love : )

After just one week, I'm feeling great! I was able to get out walking yesterday, and to the park with all three, by myself, today! Hooray! I'm not experiencing any pain, anywhere. Breastfeeding is feeling natural again, and I can even get makeup on during her morning feeding! I'm averaging about 4 hours of sleep/rest each night, and with a little coffee and afternoon caffeine, I'm feeling energized enough during the day to not nap (not like I have time to anyway!) I'm loving every second of life with three kids - I'm tempted to say, let's go for a fourth!

Life DOES, however, look a little different these days. The boys get to watch a little more tv than I would like - but I have to remind my self that this is just a season. I am really cherishing each middle of the night feeding...each time I'm woken up by a sweet little cry I'm reminded that Ashley is God's gracious gift to me. And I'm loving the tender moments with her, and the extra bible reading time I'm getting (iphone bible = greatness). I am seriously fighting sleep depravity with Truth! I think that breastfeeding is God's way of slowing a mommy down, and giving her much needed rest. It's the only time of day that I can sit and JUST SIT, and often just let my mind wander. Love God's built in mercies for the busy Mommy's! Because let's be honest - by 7am, we are hitting the ground running and don't slow down until that last feeding at 11pm.

I can only praise Jesus for such a quick and easy recovery, because life is about to get crazy!!! (see next post!)








1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such an encouragement!! I am thrilled three is going so well!! We are having a season of tv too, and like you I try to remind myself it is not permanent! Jen, she is adorable! Praise God for your recovery, ease in transitions and for Ashley!!