"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11
I've always read this scripture with future pretense, however I was reminded recently that his plans for me are NOW - the future is right now and I am living each day within His perfect plan for my life.
"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure" Psalm 16:5
My lot IS secure with Jesus because He is sovereign over the portion that he has appointed to me.
"...and he marked out their appointed times in history, and the boundaries of their lands" Acts 17:26
There is something personal, and priceless about this Truth - I have certainly been called to live and dwell in this particular time, and in certain locations in order to love and bring glory to Jesus.
I can admit that I don't always love the plans that God has for me - and sometimes it takes a lot of convincing before I submit to His perfect will - but at times he makes it all too obvious that this IS in fact the plan he has, and I am to be obedient and go where he is calling me! Exactly a week before little Ashley came into our lives, we received news that we would be relocating to Houston with Scott's employer. While the news wasn't too shocking (we've known for quite a while that a move to Houston was likely), the timing seemed overwhelming to this Mommy. But thankfully, God has been preparing my heart in this season to claim the name of Christ in all things and to be submissive to his calling. So while Satan is desperately trying to use my out of whack hormones and sleep depravity to steal, kill, and destroy, I am battling everyday and fighting for Truth. I find that I constantly have to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ (2 Cor. 10) JUST to keep my thoughts on the right track!
But God IS the most perfect planner. He has made it obvious that he has gone before us to prepare the way, and that he will also be our rear guard (Is 52). Things have fallen into place so perfectly with the transition home with new baby to preparations to move, that it is evident that God is weaving together a beautiful picture of all he has to offer us. I want to follow a God who Shepherds me like that!
We certainly have much to leave behind. Family, friends, community - but in the recent year alone I've attended two memorials- for Charlotte and Lila - two infants of precious friends who went home very early in life to be with their Savior, and also a memorial for our dear friend Clint. So I'm reminded that we are promised nothing in this life! There is no promise that anything which I claim to be mine, will continue to be mine. Each day more that I have with my husband, children, friends is a grace of God that I do not deserve. I can only hold those things with an open hand and remember that the only one thing which I CAN claim as mine is Christ - it is THE ONLY thing that will not fade, change, die, move away, get sick.....My hope is not and cannot be in Keller Texas or in my kids or my husband - or I will always be disappointed! There is much freedom and rejoicing to be found when my hope is in Jesus alone!
So with that perspective we are excited about the new adventures in Houston that await us! We are excited to know God more intimately by following his Perfect Plans! We are excited to travel next week to our new home and show the kids their new house, visit their new preschool, etc. Thank you Jesus for transforming my heart, and leading the way!
5 comments:
Absolutely beautiful! I love Jesus more because of you:). Thank you precious Jen! He is indeed the Perfect Planner!
When we moved to Tucson, God gave me the verse in Acts, too. At the time I was studying Esther, and He also drive into my heart: "for such a time as this." God has chosen the place you live for such a time as this. Who knows what God wants to use you for in Houston, but knowing He goes before you in all things, and following His plan will certainly lead to showing His glory!! Praying for you and choosing to rejoice in your obedience instead of mourning an opportunity to fellowship with you more. :)
Thank you for sharing Jen! God is the perfect planner and I'm so glad that you are resting in His peace. Thank you for reminding me that resting in anything but Him will only bring dissapointments. So true!!
Beautiful!! So thankful for what the Lord has done and is doing in your life. You continually point me to Christ as I hear you talk about these impending changes. Thank you for this beautiful reminder that HE is the perfect planner, even if it's not what we would have chosen.
Love you sweet friend!!
I love reading your updates, Jen. You are truly an inspirational woman of God!
Post a Comment