Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blane and Gavin June Updates

The boys love to dig holes on the side of our yard where they are just feet away from our neighbor, Mr. Howard. Anytime the boys are outside, they yell, "Mr. Howard!!!? Are you there?" Gavin usually refers to him as "guy".

Blane adores having his back scratched. Mostly at night, but sometimes during the day, he will sit in our lap and ask us to scratch his back: )

Recently I heard strange sounds coming from Ashley's monitor. I didn't see anything unusual on the video monitor but I thought I'd better check. When I opened her door she was sound asleep, but the light was on, the queen bed was unmade (like someone had been sleeping there), and little Blane was on the floor next to her crib reading a book! "But I just wanted to pet her" was his excuse!

Swimming in the pool one day Blane exclaimed, "Mommy! The water clears out my nose boogs!"

Blane and I had mommy date and visited Daddy at work for lunch - so fun!

Blane and Gavin love to watch videos of themselves on my phone. Recently we happened to watch one from when B wore diapers. He was appalled and said he didn't want to see anymore diaper videos.

I laid Ashley down in Blane's room while I was picking up toys. Blane asked me, "Mommy, can you leaver her here tonight so I can protect her?"

Blane is extremely particular about his clothes. I can no longer pick out what he should wear...in fact, Blane changes his outfit several times each day. Also, if he's playing golf outside and decides to play basketball instead, his outfit has to change as well. The funniest thing is to see him come downstairs at different times during the day, every time wearing something new!

Gavin has become a master of taking off his diaper. Duct tape has saved our lives - and he loves having it on! He gets upset if I forget his duct tape at night!

Gavin is speaking so well these days. His words are clear and precise. My favorite words are perfect, and beautiful : )

Gavin's favorite song is still Before the Throne and he requests it every night!

Gavin loves his BFF, Cade. If I even mention Cade's name (or his mommy's name for that matter) Gavin throws his hands up in the air and yells, "Cade!!! Oh yea, Cade!!!"










1 comment:

Julia said...

Some day he's gonna be annoyed at you for posting that last photo :-) His tushy is too cute!