Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 2011

May has come and gone. It seems that things have finally settled down, but are just getting busy. I am being called to press into Jesus in new ways. Anxiousness, pride, self-righteousness, and all the other ugly sins of my heart are being graciously revealed.

The beauty of it all is that through it all, I am being made new.
I love sanctification. I love God's Word.
I so wish that my heart was more like Jesus' heart.

I can totally identify with Paul when he proclaims to be the worst of sinners. Everything about this season of life has highlighted (with the obnoxious neon yellow color clarity) just how dependent on MYSELF I can be! I am totally in limbo - in between two worlds it seems. I am mourning what I will be leaving behind, and anxious about what awaits. I can't seem to quite nail down what I should be doing in the meantime. I find my heart in discontent - Oh, it's so ugly. I am praying that my joy will not be found only in my external circumstances, but in an internal confidence that God has been, is currently, and always will be in control. He has been so faithful to prove that to me, time and time again! I certainly don't LIKE the situation that I am in, but I DO find rest, peace, and even joy in knowing that He WILL provide for my every need. Even though I feel unsure about our future, I am confident in the Lord's goodness, and that going forward I will lack nothing if I cling to Him.

There you have it, May ramblings! Now for the best of May pictures!!!











The kids and I hung out in the stairwell closet while the tornadoes passed over Keller. Yikes!




No comments: