Monday, June 6, 2011

21 Day Prayer Challenge Introduction

I LOVE having two boys. They are a delight and they bring much joy into our home. I wholeheartedly believe in God's perfect sovereignty, and I know without a doubt that He chose these two particular boys to be under our care. They are His, created by Him, wholly known by Him, and they are on loan to me for a short time. I am hopeful that they will learn to love Jesus, lead nobly within the church and community, and understand what it means to protect, provide for, and nurture a family of their own.

But there are days where my sanity is severely threatened! Sometimes it's all I can do to keep them alive until Daddy gets home. The bug infestation in my home isn't a lack of extermination, it's the loving care of two little boys who want the rolly pollies and earth worms to nap with them in their pockets. We shell out loads of cash each year to have the carpets professionally cleaned because the more dirt, mud, and dog feces that makes its way inside the home on our boys, the better - in their eyes. Disgusting, but that's the cutsey stuff!

Often, the discipline and the challenge of raising boys to be loving, Godly men seems dreadfully overwhelming, and more than I can handle. I seem to be barely treading water, much less being proactive or intentional in penetrating their hearts with the gospel. Because we are victims of a fallen world, our hearts have a natural bent towards sin. And oh my, it is blatantly apparent so early! My best weapon to battle on behalf of my boys is prayer. Unceasing prayer! This is one of the best ways we can love them well.

I love praying scripture over my family, and I do so each morning. When I came across the MOB Society (mother's of boys) and their e-book Warrior Prayers, I was intrigued. This book is an invaluable tool for praying scripture over our boys. And I know that I am not the only one who needs to confidently approach the Throne on behalf of Blane and Gavin - everyday! I am really excited for the 21 Day Challenge, beginning this Wednesday, June 8th. It is a commitment to pray scripture over your boy ten times a day, for 21 days. This is a fantastic way to be intentional about the way we pray throughout the day! I am so hopeful that praying over my sons in this way will deepen my relationship with the Lord, challenge me to rely on Jesus alone, renew the attitude of my mind and heart, and above all benefit the two little boys that I am praying for!

Want to join me in this challenge?! Download the e-book from her website for just $6 (purchase in confidence - this ebook was endorsed by Sally Clarkson, author of Mission of Motherhood - the 48 page manual will be a great resource forever)! Although we face a hectic schedule this month with our move to Houston, I will lead a virtual group either via blog or a facebook group - more on that to come! Please leave a comment below to let me know you are interested in "attending" the virtual group! By tomorrow evening I will decide the best platform for us to mutually encourage each other in the faith : )

In preparing my heart for this challenge, I have landed in Psalm 116:

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

We can be confident that He bends down and listens to our voice! LOVE THAT!!!!

4 comments:

Jan Archer said...

I have two boys and would love to participate!

patti kay rowland said...

Count me in, Jen! Thanks so much for leading us through such an exciting journey. May we all grasp what it is to become the prayer warriors the little guys need!

Cassandra Raney said...

I'm in!!!!

Love this!

Jenny said...

Awesome! Tomorrow is Pierce's birthday and I can't think of a better way to start his 2nd year!

Jennykrupa@yahoo.com is my best email!