Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scott and Jen - 2011

It seems like we've come such a long way since buying our first house in Keller in 3/2006
And then saying goodbye in 7/2011 to the life we had built in this home

I knew that we were called to leave and although I was obedient to that calling, I was so scared. I had so many fears, and I doubted God's faithfulness. I kept a journal full of very specific and detailed prayer requests. I challenged God to prove to me that His word is true - that He is in fact faithful and trustworthy. Six months into our move, I can proclaim that He is in fact who He claims to be. He has answered each of my prayers on a personal level. Going forward I can be more confident in the Lord's plan for us. I know that His ways are perfect and that He is continuing to work in me and through me. He did not fail me, forsake me, he went before me and he was my rearguard, and he continues to uphold us with his righteous right hand. He clearly paved the way for us and he lit the lamp brightly in the dark. His graciousness to us has been extravagant.

We feel very settled here. We love The Body that we do life with. I love the women that I lead in bible study. I love the community group that Scott and our pastor, Casey co-lead. I love our neighborhood and the sweet neighbors that live next door. I love the boys school and I praise God for answering our plea for sweet and loving teachers. I love that my mom and dad live just down the road and I can simply pop in for a visit. And I didn't expect to love Scott more through this move, as I've seen him cherish and take care of us. As 2001 comes to a close, I will remember this as a year full of abounding grace!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

What wonderful updates! How do you find the time? Sounds like Christmas was full of joy. All the kids are growing so fast and they are all so good looking:). As a side note, my mail got messed up and all my emails were erased...is there any way when u have time u can re email the advent stuff again? We loved it and want to do it again next year. You are so creative! Love to you all and God bless your new year!

Michelle Littler Photography said...

It's so great to hear how you're doing! Also, I LOVE the photo in the header of your blog. Ashley's face is priceless!