Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Project 365 -Day 55

This guy challenges me in the best of ways. The wheels in his little head are spinning rapidly! Not only do I hope that my actions model my faith, but on a deeper level I am challenged to verbalize and depict on a four year old level what I actually believe to be true. I have the privilege of pointing him to scripture where Gods promises are plainly written, for him. But sometimes, he will ask me a doozie of a question, or better yet, three big doozies in a row. There are times when I hesitate in my answer because I want to be sure that I point him to Truth accurately, with clarity, and as specifically as possible.

Here we're today's questions:
-"mommy, how can God live with every one (believers) at the same time?" Blane was referring to Gods promise never to leave or forsake and wondering how he can be near to all His people in His miraculous omnipresent ways! We looked at Jeremiah 23:24 where the Lord declares that He fills heaven and earth. And in Psalm 139 David understands that there is no where he can go to flee the Spirit. Blane asks this same question in new ways frequently!
-"mommy, when will we go to heaven?" I love this question. We talked through Gods sovereignty and his design and we remembered Ashley's life verse stating that God knows us before we are ever formed, and that our days are already numbered...
-"mommy, how will God get us to heaven?" sometimes it's ok not to know the answer, right?! He was excited to have this question tucked away, saved for God himself on the day that they are face to face. The good news is that how we get there isn't important, it's what is waiting for us when we arrive. Jesus himself! I explained to Blane that Jesus promises to go before us and prepare a special place in His kingdom for those who love him. This is the permanent home that we long for. Our citizenship is in this Heaven. I reminded my sweet boy that it's not really how or what, but who, the reward isn't heaven, it's eternal relationship with Jesus himself.

After pondering the hard questions., Blane claimed that his new favorite song is "Where I Belong". We both sang "all I know is I'm not home yet this is not where I belong, take this world and give me Jesus this is not where I belong".

I wonder what questions he'll have tomorrow?!

No comments: