Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oprah Jumps off the Cliff...Seems Like the Rest of the World Will Too

I used to love Oprah. I thought that her love for all things good, and right, and true was inspiring. And what I thought that it was great that she had such a large impact on people, what with millions of viewers from around the world tuning in every single day...and if they weren't around to watch, tivo it so as not to miss one word that spills out of her mouth. But most recently, I am so scared for her, and for all of her viewers and followers! She has recently ordained into her book club "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. And while Oprah used to be fairly neutral regarding her faith, even in some instances proclaiming her Christianity, this book is anything but Christianity, and in fact she is definitely endorsing this book's proclamations. Basically, from what I have researched (I refuse to actually purchase the book) Tolle's philosophy is a simple "shift in consciousness"...... "heaven" is the awakened state that will bring about "a new earth" in the outer world, the world of form. Yikes. View the video in the link below. What you see will scare you! A side note, "A New World" topped the list of Amazon's best sellers just minutes after Oprah announced the selection. AND, as if all of this isn't enough, she actually has web based seminars with Tolle. Viewers can sign up and participate...over 500,000 participants from over 100 countries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here! For a while I was just really wondering what she believed and if her idea of "christianity" was anything close to the truth, but now I think it's pretty obvious that it's not. The sad thing is, a lot of so-called Christians believe similar things, so they won't even recognize what she's promoting as complete lies.

Anonymous said...

very interesting, Jen...thank you!

Justin said...

Yikes! So stinkin' scary!