Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby #3: 19 Weeks - The Big Reveal

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart"
Jeremiah 1:5

Each of our babies has a life verse, scripture that we have chosen to guide our prayers over them, Truth that reminds us of the sovereignty of Jesus in bringing forth their life! There is some kind of sinful "ownership" I've felt with Blane and Gavin - as if I've had some control over their creation because I was trying to conceive them. I cherish the reminder that this baby brings - that God is sovereign, in complete control, and he knows of his creation before it ever comes to be! I pray that this baby is set apart to accomplish mighty purposes in God's name!

This weeks "big reveal" appointment was much different than with Blane and Gavin. With the boys, I was so eager to know if I was carrying a boy or a girl that I overlooked the weight and the impact of the full sonogram, the measurements, and the general outlook of the baby's health. With this baby, I had already decided that I was made to be the mommy of three boys and I was simply hopeful and eager to see the little guy (I hadn't had a sono since the internal exam at 6 weeks) and to hear that he was growing appropriately. Scott and I had so much fun seeing this little baby on the screen! Baby was moving like crazy - opening it's mouth, clapping it's hands, jumping around! We saw the bridge of it's nose, four chambers on it's heart, even small details like it's big toe! What a miracle it is that we get a small window into God's workmanship while it's still being created! Dr. Wood measured the femur, the brain, the stomach, the heart, etc. - all the major parts. I was overjoyed to hear that each "part" measured right on track at 19 weeks and 2 days, EXACTLY where we thought I was in my pregnancy. I have come to realize that health is not something to take for granted and I cried tears of joy for the health of my baby! What a HUGE blessing! (Let me just pause to say that I am still kicking myself for not remembering the VHS tape to record this sono - ugh! The coolest sonogram I have ever had and I don't even have it on tape! And, unfortunately, the pictures we got were overexposed...so sad!) Then we were really excited to hear Dr. Wood reveal that baby was in fact a GIRL...I still can't believe it! It is really strange to refer to the baby as "she" and can you believe that I haven't bought one single girl thing yet?!

This little baby girl is wild in the womb! I first felt her move when I was 15 weeks standing in the butcher line at Kroger and since then, she has not stopped pouncing! When I sleep on my stomach, she kicks the bed! There is some kind of party in my belly! Overall, this pregnancy has been identical to my previous pregnancies, except for one difference - I crave spicy foods, especially jalapenos! I've gained a tad more weight this time, and I will blame that on Halloween; but it is looking like maternity pants will be a must this week!

I love my boys dearly and I am anxious to see what new and wonderful adventures await when this little girl arrives. I continue to pray that she grows healthy and strong, and that He is pursuing her little heart even as He creates her!

Friday night we added only one thankful leaf to our tree. We thanked Jesus for our healthy baby girl!
My first attempt at making a hair bow. Nothing professional, I only had a twisty tie but I see a lot of these in my future!

7 comments:

Michelle Littler Photography said...

Congratulations! Now you get to experience the differences between a little girl and your boys. You'll be a great mommy of 3!

Anna Tamar said...

JEN! I am so excited for you! Boys are blessings (although I haven't experienced them yet, can't wait!) Girls are just delightful! I can't wait to see how she will bless the dynamic of the family. There is nothing like seeing your husband hold his baby girl! The most precious sight!

I'm so happy for all of yall! Gavin and Blane will be the best big brothers. Pray for her future husband now! He will have to work hard to get past them. :)

joy - designer said...

woo- hoooo! remind me to show you the EASIEST baby girl "bow" ever. can't wait to hang out tomorrow...

Tamra Lewis said...

Congratulations Jenn!!! Wow, your world is about to change!!! For the wonderful, if it could get any more wonderful! Thankful indeed!!

Mike and MK said...

congrats jen and scott!!!!! how wonderful! entering a world with girls is beautiful, hilarious and full of drama! :) you will all love every minute! so happy for yall!

Michelle said...

How exciting, Jen! What's so great about this baby being a girl - other than the fact that she'll be your girly stuff partner - is that she will have two amazing big brothers to help keep the boys away! :)

So happy for you, and thank God for her health and energy!

Sharon said...

Yay! Congrats Jen you guys! What a joy and blessing! God has certainly blessed your family!