Yesterday marked our FOUR year anniversary!!! I can't believe that it's really been four years! Scott surprised me by whisking me away for the night to the Gaylord Texan, which for all you non Texas people is a lavish hotel...or more like an all inclusive resort with shopping, restaurants, bars, pools, etc. Of course, this also meant my first night away from Blane which was painfully hard. But we had the very best time! Scott went above and beyond by booking the "wedding dreams" package which included rose petals in the room, chocolate covered strawberries, wine, and the executive suite! We spent the afternoon with drinks and lunch by the pool, then went shopping. At night, we sampled wine and cheese, then ate at my absolute favorite steak restaurant, the Old Hickory. Yum! After breakfast in bed and a stop by the coffee bar cafe, we headed to Scott's parents house to reunite with our little Buddy. I'm pretty sure that he didn't miss us at all! So, as hard as it was to leave part of our family behind, I realized how important it is for Scott and I to have some alone time. I know that I'm a better mom and wife today than I was yesterday! I just need to keep that in mind two weeks from now when I have to go out of the state without Blane! Thank you to my sweet husband for such a wonderful getaway!
On our way back home from Nana and Poppop's house. Blane loves his feet!



1 comment:
How amazing!!! Very special! Matt and I stayed in the "wedding dreams" for our wedding night. It is truly awesome.
Congrats on 4 wonderful years
Post a Comment