So my biggest concern right now is how to maintain the good vegetable and fruit eater that Blane has turned into. It's so easy when veggies and fruit is pretty much the only Gerber products available (or the easiest to make), and when it's mixed with other tastes and textures, it's even yummier! But now that Blane is Mr. Independent and is eating only finger food 98% of the time, I need to be super creative to make sure that he's eating a balanced diet. And let's be honest, a plain green bean by itself on a tray isn't all that appealing. So, I wanted to add some pictures of Blane's food these days!
This was dinner last night: Sweet potato french fries, cheddar cheese, grilled chicken, green beans with tomato
Sweet potato fries, and parsnip fries are pretty easy to bake in the oven. I just coated them with a little olive oil, a teeny bit of seasoning, and baked at 400 until crisp (see pic below)
Usually with the green beans, I will boil them in chicken broth for a little added flavor. I will put the green beans and the cherry tomatoes on his tray before anything else. This always ensures that he eats the veggies!
I thought I would try my hand at some Zucchini Sausage Balls! Here I have grated the zucchini:I added cheese, whole what bread crumbs, flour and egg, and fried in vegetable oil until golden brown. A simple way to add a vegetable and calcium!
Blane has also been really good at eating blueberries, grapes, and raisins as a finger food!
1 comment:
Jen- love all the new food additions to the blog...y ou are such a good cook!!! we love sweet potatoe fries too...
Post a Comment