Friday, October 3, 2008

7 Weeks Pregnant

Blane, Scott and I were finally able to go see Dr. Wai this morning for our first pre-natal visit! There were some big lessons planned for me today, most important, that I am not in control! Walking in to our appointment I know that I expected that everything would be perfect, textbook, just like it had been with Blane. I know that I forgot that God is an artist, a creator, and I know that if I were creating a new masterpiece, I surely wouldn't do it the same way twice. I'm sure that everything will be perfect, but at this point there are some unknowns. First, the baby is measuring small, and the heartbeat slow (122 bpm) compared to how far along I "should" be. But, calculations could be off on my end. Second, they found a large cyst on my left ovary. Supposedly it's not uncommon (if you think that 1 in every 1000 women is not uncommon) but they want me to come back in two weeks for another sonogram to monitor the size. Dr. Wai is hoping that it will shrink by itself, or if not it would more than likely have to be removed which of course is risky while you are pregnant! So until October 17th, I have to put my trust in God and not worry, because as my Crazy Love book says, "worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what is happening in our lives".
Due Date: May 22, 2009
Here are the first pictures of our precious new baby!

4 comments:

MontyG3..4! said...

I'm praying that His peace will reign in your heart, and Scott's over the next two weeks. Our God has a wonderful, abundant purpose and destiny for little Patterson#2!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you and your new little (literally) one....that quote from your Crazy Love book is quite timely for me, so thanks for that, too!

Mike and MK said...

We will be thinking about you both and praying for you. Thank you for that quote about worrying. We need it a lot right now, as I know y'all do too.

A Momma Who Cooks said...

I hope everything goes well Jen...i'll be praying for you!