Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gavin: 3 Weeks and other updates

Gavin is 3 weeks old today! The days/weeks seem to be flying by as I am so busy! I'm feeling great, completely back to myself again! I've decided that having two kids isn't nearly as complicated or overwhelming as I expected it to be (although Gavin still sleeps most of the time so I'm sure that things will change quite a bit in the next couple of weeks!) I'm loving have two kids, especially two of the sweetest little boys! Scott went back to work yesterday and things have been great since I've been on my own. We've ventured out everyday for the past week or so. We've been shopping, to the grocery store, post office, out for playdates, etc. Our outings take a little extra time considering one extra child and the double stroller, but nothing that the three of us can't handle! Gavin is starting to spend a little more daytime being awake, and he's doing a great job sleeping at night. We have consistently had a 5 1/2 hour sleep stretch at night which is great! But, in other ways, things have drastically changed! I'd forgotten the large volumes of diapers that you go through with a baby! I'm estimating that I change Gavin 12 - 15 times a day...whoa! And the laundry that I had down to a fine art of once a week is now at least once a day! And we soak at least one burp cloth at every feeding. Oh my! So, as my friend Taber says, life isn't "normal" like it was before Gavin, but we are definitely working on a new definition of "normal"....and I'm convinced that it doesn't get any better than this : )
Gavin: 2 1/2 weeks
Gavin: 3 weeks


Blane loves his seat in the fridge
Loving brothers

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad to hear you so happy! You sound like the enamored mommy I remember about 19 months ago...this time with two. The boys are so cute and Gavin is growing so much. What a blessing!